Sunday, November 9, 2014

Somewhat Piratical

Well as you can see I have decided to take the plunge with the fashion blog. I still plan to keep the posts going over at Be Still a Minute but this is something that has been whispering to me for a long time so here it finally is, for fancy's sake! Some of you (okay like 2 of you) who have been with me since my early days of blogging will remember when I used to do Fancy Fridays and I plan to do a little of that here but it will mostly be the sharing of outfits I've put together on my own or ones that have been inspired from other sources (I'm mainly looking at you, Pinterest). There are still a few kinks to get worked out but I figured now was as good a time as any to get started. 

We headed to Huntersville today to check out the Carolina Renaissance Festival. It's been taking place there now for the past twenty years in the months of October and November and yet somehow, I had never been. It was pirate weekend and while I had no plans to deck out in full pirate gear, I did break out my black Steve Madden Intyce boots that I've had forever and ever and my red skinny jeans. And honestly, it must have been a subconscious thing because I didn't realize until I had it on that there was a bit of a piratey feel at work.

We'd been there for awhile, it was getting a little too people for my introverted ways and I was beginning to break a sweat from where I stood (with the sun shining all bright and rude in my face) waiting for the jousting event to start up when a large man in full character mode and an-almost-believable accent began shouting at me, "Hey you there, with the red pants!" I thought I heard "red pants" but pretended (or rather hoped) I had imagined it. But this pirate man meant business. I half understood a word he said but he was aggressively recruiting people to come to his little costume contest show. Charlie said he'd shouted out that my red pants looked "somewhat piratical" which I found hysterical (but only on the inside).

So now I am certain that from here on out, whenever I wear my red jeans or these particular black boots (that were not made for walking, by the way) I will feel somewhat piratical. Oh, and we went over to his little corner and had a seat since he made it seem as if we had no choice about it, but then we risked our lives by sneaking out to the jousting event while he wasn't looking. I was a little scared but we made it out unscathed.




dark gray sweater: LOFT, similar; red skinny jeans: SteinMart, similar; light gray crochet cardigan: Belk, somewhat similar; black boots: (Steven Intyce by Steve Madden) Zappos ; white leopard print scarf: (Calvin Klein, found at Ross) exact one found at Zappos ; turquoise/leather wrap bracelet: etsy, similar or option 2; turquoise/silver earrings; can't remember! similar






No comments :

Post a Comment