Friday, November 14, 2014

Pattern Play

One of the best things I've learned from all those hours of scrolling Pinterest over the past few years is that the mixing of different patterns can be unexpectedly awesome if done right. There is definitely some trial and error involved in it for sure but it can be a lot of fun, especially when you put two or three together that bring a pleasing surprise to your eye. 

I was digging around in my closet looking for some items for a pattern play when I came across a polka dot cardigan I had completely forgotten about so I pulled it out, along with a few other different things until I came up with this combination.


I also tried it with this vest purchased from StitchFix last year. But I think I may prefer it better without it.


No idea what was going on with my ability to take a decent-in-focus photograph today but this is about the best I got. Looks like I'm going to have to break down and read that camera manual after all. I've only had the camera for two years now, so ya think? (Never have been on a first name basis with a manual)



  



pink vest: StitchFix // gingham/floral shirt: Old Navy (no longer available) // polka dot cardigan: TJMaxx (I think) // black skinny jeans: Loft (everything is 40% off there right now with code SHAREIT) // wedge bootie: DV by Dolce Vita at Nordstrom // pink stud earrings: Kate Spade, Nordstrom // statement necklace: StitchFix


So how do you feel about pattern play? Yay or nay?

Happy Friday!







No comments :

Post a Comment